Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TMI

TMI - Too much information - the phrase used to describe a situation when a friend has shared too intimate of information has become my new catchphrase.  But not about intimacy - about overabundance.  There is just too much information out there to manage.  I have already talked about the difficulty in keeping up with all of my techno communications options: twitter, blog, phone, IM, facebook, IMVU, meez and some others I have gotten so behind in that I have forgotten them.  But there is also an overload of information out there about stuff I am interested in. I have a pile of magazines and newsletters to read at home and then another at work, email in my inbox (email...I forgot about email in my previous list) with interesting articles forwarded to me, tweets of other articles, blog to be read...and all of it containing interesting information I don’t want to miss out on.  But there is just so much!  ... how many articles about the ipad do I need to read?  There should be a platform that lets you plug in all your articles and then whenever you added a new article, it tells you what new information is in that article.  That would be... (wait for it) … AWESOME

3 comments:

  1. I agree it would be awesome to have some kind of technology that could do that for us. I tend to overwhelm my self with many many things to read, do, go see, it gets complicated !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree. There are so many platforms of information now that it is hard to keep up with everything. However, I think it is great to have all these options out there

    ReplyDelete